The Napo Wildlife Center, NWC Amazon Lodge, is the greatest and ultimate alternative luxury eco-hotel in Amazonian Ecuador. This ecotourism project includes the conservation of approximately over 82 square miles (53,500 acres - over 21,400 hectares ) of the most pristine Amazon Rain Forest within the Yasunì National Park, an important UNESCO Biosphere Reserve and the largest tract of tropical rain forest in Ecuador.
The lodge complex is located by the Anangucocha lake, within the unique ancestral territory of the Anangu Quichua Community, part of the Yasuni National Park. In the early 90’ the community envisioned building their own lodge to provide themselves jobs and protecting their land. With great effort they built back then 4 well established shelters and a large house for kitchen and dining room, however buildings remained incomplete there at that early stage for many years as they had no more money to finish them or to establish a proper infrastructure to call it a first class jungle hotel.
Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks available for purchase.
Unrivalled nature attractions and biodiversity, 2 unique easy access parrot & macaw clay licks, 565 bird species, 11 species of monkeys, Giant Otter family and other large mammals such as Brazilian tapir, White-lipped peccary, all species of cayman including, Black cayman, Anaconda and many others.
- Two solid self standing canopy towers. Carefully engineered to provide maximum safety and enjoyment of wildlife at emergent trees.
To get to Napo Wildlife Center, guests fly by jet from Quito to the town of Coca (officially known as Francisco de Orellana ) on the Napo River.
After a short drive from the airport to the dock, we board a large, motorized, covered canoe for a scenic two-hour trip down the Napo River.
Upon arriving at the entrance to the NWC Reserve, we switch to smaller, dugout canoes and are paddled up the blackwater creek to the lake and lodge (no motorized transport is allowed on the creek or lake so that wildlife isn't disturbed).
Call to inquire about any further transfer services.
Contact us for cancellations and reservation policies.
Please call our contacts to make arrangement for possible discounts.
No required minimum stay
- Owned 100% by Añangu Kichwa community working for the protection of this area.
- Protects Añangu community ancestral land, 82 sq miles (55,000 acres = 22,000 hectares), all within the Yasuni National Park.
- The largest private reserve in Amazonian Ecuador operated exclusively by Napo Wildlife Center
- Generates income directly to the park administration. Other than local community jobs, profit gets distributed with local partners.
- Highly experienced, certified and specialized Ecuadorian bilingual Naturalist Guides who co-lead groups along with Añangu native guides during all excursions.
- Only lodge in Ecuador with sewage treatment plant obtaining rainwater quality effluent
- Best hybrid power system supplying electricity 24 hours through solar panels, combined with ultimate generation noiseless diesel engines at low fuel consumption, hooked with professional high power store batteries.
We have project support with our partners Amazanga Expeditions
Our project has also worked closely with the Ecuadorian Parks System and the relationship has allowed the Parks System to rely on the Añangu community and the Napo Wildlife Center as their primary source of on-the-ground protection for this region of Yasuní. The Napo Wildlife Center also provides virtually 100% of the Park's tourism income by being the only lodge in the region to pay park fees.
The lodge consists of 12 luxury cabañas: The rooms are huge (over 450 sq. ft.)
$0 - $25 USD