Thank you for your interest in learning more about becoming an Amigo de las Areas Protegidas!
The Amigos de las Areas Protegidas program was established as part of the Alianza Ecuatoriana para el Turismo Sostenible (AETS) program. This two-year program, initiated in September 2007, was made possible through the generous support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The overall objective of the program was to increase economic benefits and conservation awareness within the protected areas through sustainable tourism development. The Amigos de las Areas Protegidas program was established as a way to engage local tourism businesses in conserving the protected areas, while promoting these wonderful areas to international travelers!
Learn more about how to become an amigo below:
Click Here if You Are a Traveler
Visit our traveler´s page to become an Amigo at no cost. This will help you plan your next visit to the protected areas by saving to favorites, sharing your favorites with friends and family, receiving periodic newsletters with Amigos updates, and contributing content to the Web site!
Click Here if You Are a Tourism Business
Learn more about how your business or community-based tourism organization can show a commitment to conserving the protected areas through becoming an Amigo today!
Sign Up Here To Become an Amigo!
¡Inscríbase aquí para convertirse en un Amigo!
Sign up for Amigos del Parques, save to favorites, organize content you like for easy recall, and share your favorites with your friends and family. All fields are required.
Inscríbase aquí para convertirse en un Amigo de las Áreas Protegidas, salvar como uno de sus favoritos y compartir sus favoritos con sus amigos y familiares. Todos los ampos.
The Amigos de las Areas Protegidas program has partnered with the Ecotourism Association of Ecuador (ASEC) to fulfill its mission of promoting sustainable tourism in and around the protected areas while providing ASEC members with valuable marketing benefits.
What are the benefits of joining the Amigos de las Areas Protegidas Program?
- A six-month trial membership to la Asociación de Ecoturismo del Ecuador (ASEC) at no cost!
- A full-page promotional description on the National Ecotourism Portal of Ecuador web site;
- Use of the Amigos and ASEC logos to show your commitment to the conservation of Ecuador�s protected areas;
Why should tourism businesses care about the protected areas?
- Supporting conservation helps protect the natural resources that attract visitors;
- Clean protected area environments, with unique flora and fauna, make Ecuador more competitive with other destinations, and more likely to attract a greater number of visitors;
- Conservation of the natural environment is important for the health and well-being of local communities and for ensuring that the resources are there for future generations to use and enjoy;
- Participating in conservation activities can enhance the visitor experience and help your business stand apart from the rest; and
- For tourism businesses located in or around a protected area, helping to protect the environment is an investment in the future of one�s livelihood.